Thursday, May 31, 2007

The IKEA house

So some of my readers (I love saying this, as if I am really a famous columnist) are wondering about my planned sojourn to the IKEA house. Honestly I don't know much about it at this point. Here is all I know:


-On June 8th, Lisa is giving a duet performance at someone's house. Someone who happens to be the owner or founder of IKEA. I don't remember which, but it's safe to say that they are rich. And I don't know who Lisa is singing with, but I would be willing to bet my "Leksvik" coffee table that it is not him


-He has a big theater sized room in his house that can hold like 150 people, all of whom probably will look something like this:





-He is contributing 150 CHF to the party, which at IKEA can buy you 4 "Leksvik" kitchen chairs and accompanying cushions


-Dave is buying champagne, a bottle of which will at the cheapest be 10 CHF, which was how much one of my "Jeff" chairs cost.


I have a super cute dress to wear so I am excited about that! I promise to take photos and provide major scoop, at least as major as I can. It should be a very fun evening. I am going to IKEA this weekend actually with Dave and Lisa to rehearse. Just kidding. But they need to buy some stuff and I can't think of anything I need, but I'm sure once I get there I will. I will definitely need, for example, to eat some meatballs. And I need desparately to get some picture frames for my apartment and some extra pillows and blankets for some summer guests. Oh and I know you thought I was kidding about the cookies, but I'm not.
So stay tuned!

By the way - if you go to You Tube and look up "Five Day Old Baby Kitties" you will find a video I took of Aimee with Karen's baby kitties!

Work has totally sucked this week, and it is cold and rainy. Feels just like home! But the good news is tomorrow is June 1, which means just one more month until Justin and I are reunited! And tomorrow is Friday.

1 comment:

Abby said...

ohhhhh this sounds totally interesting. although i must admit, i always thought IKEA founder's house would be in sweden (isn't ikea swedish???). i guess he might have multiple houses, that would make sense.

have NO fear, it's virtually impossible to leave ikea empty handed. you'll definitely pick up some frames or other crap you dont need. i always end up buying cute ice cube treys....in fun shapes. then i realize that it's very difficult to get ice cubes out of a silicon trey with heart cut outs (but they'd be so cute!!!) so i revert back to boring squares.

so what have you decided to do about the portable washer? i think that would solve your problems....and give you killer triceps.

love, abby