Monday, April 30, 2007

Bain de Paquis

Yesterday I went to the Bain de Paquis with Dave and Lisa. This is basically a little beach on the lake that is made up of docks and concrete to lay on (i.e., basically a beach). I found it absolutely awesome that I was laying out in my bikini, when 3 weeks ago, I was snowboarding!! J'adore ca!

After a short sunbathe, we had a nice lunch! Asparagus is in season and all over the menus. It is like 5 of the 6 daily specials. So naturally I had an asparagus salad and some prosecco, followed by a walk back to the lake and des glaces (ice cream) mmmm. I got chocolate and banana. They put it in a side by side cone instead of stacking it. Brilliant eh? Most exciting of all was that I got a subscription to a movie rental place near me so now I can rent movies!! It is 7 CHF per day, per movie. So, not cheap, but ok as long as you watch it.

A great day overall. It is just so beautiful here that it makes me happy just walking out the door. Not to be cheesy but, you can see for yourself when you come visit!

No comments: