Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Escargots

A short post about snails.

Seriously, it has been raining and cold all week which is unusual, as I heard the weather in Chicago is nicer than here. Incroyable!! This is GOOD news for me because that means it is probably still snowing in the mountains and that will give me another weekend of snowboarding. Hooray!

On my way home from work however, I spotted a snail on the ground in the rain. I have honestly never seen a live snail crawling around outside of Switzerland when it rains. However here I see them all the time. He was totally sprawled out and everything, and I picked him up and he curled up inside his shell, just like they say. It just amazes me sometimes the things that you will find here walking home from work that you would never see in Chicago. Or has anyone ever spotted a snail outside of say, the Tin Lizzie (also known as in my opinion the worst bar in Chicago)?

By the way, if you have never eaten escargots, they are DELICIOUS and if you are a picky eater, go with a friend who is not and have them order it and get some bread to dip in the yummy garlicy herby buttery escargot-ey deliciousness sauce. YUM!

2 comments:

Abby said...

i am here to report (as one of chicago's newest residents) that it is cold and rainy here also. so you're not missing anything. except sassy service at the Au Bon Pain downstairs where i got a sandwich for lunch. which was not very good. sigh......

-Abby

Karee said...

Yum yum yum yum yum! I love Escargot! There is a new place in Chicago called Brasserie Ruhlmann that makes tasty ones - oh and the garlicky butter sauce is the best with a hot baguette. Mmmmmm! I say everyone should try everything once before they say they won't eat it. Deee-lish. And yes, I have seen a live snail back home in Texas in the yard.