Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Updates

1) The plant has been mysteriously removed!! It happened when I was on vacation last week. Almost as strangely as he came, he went. Well GOOD RIDDANCE is all I have to say to that sad excuse for foilage.



2) I would like to clarify a section in my Krakow post where Abby licked the wall of the salt mine as re-reading this, I think it paints a murky picture of our adventure. You may think, not knowing Abby, that this was kind of a stupid thing to do and that her observation ("It's totally salty!) would be quite obvious. First of all, everyone wanted to lick the wall, which was clean (including yours truly) but only Abby was brave enough. I kept seeing good places for licks but couldn't get up the gusto to do it. Secondly, Abby read this book called "Salt" which she recapped for us that sounded super interesting, making us all very excited to see the mine. And in fact it was not really known to us that the walls would be totally (meaning, in total, not meaning, "radically" or "mega" some other 90's word often used as a synonym for totally) salty. But the whole thing was really, totally salty, which we did would not have discovered if it were not for Abby!! Did I mention the salt mine was TOTALLY (and here I do mean it in the other context) AWESOME??!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

omg like for sure that wall was insanely salty! like more salty than a killer frozen marg with extra salt on the rim!

thank you for making me sound like LESS of a valley girl in your update. i appreciate that. i can't understand why none of you wanted to lick the wall that they tell EVERY tourist to lick. it had to be clean, right? :)

-Ab

Mom said...

I had so much fun spending time with you. I actuallly forgot how awful the Montreaux experience was that night!
The pictures are great!

Thanks so much!!!
Love, Mom